Monday, October 11, 2010

Life the Universe and Everything

This will be the first of on-going blogs pertaining to well just about Life the Universe and Everything “to coin a phrase from the late great Douglas Adams”.  And to my love of so many different things from Sci-Fi, Horror, Fantasy,  Halloween and so on. 
 It’s endless what my mind’s eye can fathom in its depths. There are a lot of wonderful things in this Universe and on this Planet as we find ourselves spinning and whirling.  So many different things to cherish and wonder about on a day to day basis.  And even in that nanosecond that just went by: a Universe in itself. 
I’ve never been a reader of novels; the imagination of my mind’s eye has always been silent in its creative stillness, which shows in the depiction of my creation of Halloween Horrors over the years for the "Nightmare on Henry St.".  
I’m not sure how I made it out of Mrs. Kline’s Sci-fi Literature class at Springstown Jr. High school in the 70's.  I never read any of the books that the class was reading.  Always coming to my own conclusions for the assignments of each book chosen and still passing the class with flying colors. 

At work as the Sr. Systems Administrator, well then, unemployed now after 14 years at NHSA in Oakland.  They are going out of business as of Jan,14th 2011. Thanks to the wonderful economy. 

A fun day working on Halloween stuff in 1993 Halloween Man in his prime, John Stanley of Creature Features, signed this photo of mine at the wondercon in 2002.  Met him and Bob Wilkins both. They spent about a half hour checking out all my cool photos of mine for Halloween from over the years.  What an honor.

Halloween 1993, Bob Wilkins of Creature Features saw this photo in 2002 (at Wondercon in Oakland) from a photo of the "Nightmare on Henry St." in my yard in 1993, and loved my creation of © Punkinhead  and Jack O Lantern ©.  He thought that was such a horror as he patted me on the back of the Jack O Lantern with his carved out head with the candle in his skull, brains oozing and blood dripping from his eye sockets. He also signed the photo of my yard in my profile.  It was so cool to meet him.  I so grew up on Creature Features, more on that later. And more to come on Punkinhead and Jack O Lantern for Halloween.


I’m hoping that learning to express myself by using this blog with help spur that stillness into motion of the real world or unreal as some might say, I love to write and have wrote many short stories, but like my many drawings I have also done, sit in an endless stir.  I’ve read so many comic books over the years.  Marvel and DC comics what a Universe of possibilities.  
Still read and collect comic books to this day and I will do future blogs on the cool stuff that I am checking out.  But I do love my technical journals as Scotty from "Star Trek" would say.  Always had my mind’s eye on the sciences spawned by the Gods themselves. Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics and so forth.  
Not only would I like to of shared a few tidbits of information with Scotty on technical journals, but would of loved to of shared some of that Green Ale shown in the classic Star Trek “By Any Other Name” the Kelvins loved it!. 
Since its October, I will so be focusing on Halloween with a few quirks and sparks.  More to come!  

No comments:

Post a Comment